Why are herbal infusions so popular?
Herbal infusions and teas have been used for centuries for their medicinal properties and health benefits. Here are some of the benefits of incorporating herbal infusions and teas into your daily routine:
1. Boost Immunity: Many herbs have immune-boosting properties that can help protect your body against illnesses and infections. Echinacea, for example, is known for stimulating the immune system, while elderberry can help prevent the flu.
2. Reduce Inflammation: Inflammation is one of the leading causes of chronic diseases such as arthritis, heart disease, and cancer. Many herbs, including ginger and turmeric, have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation.
3. Relieve Stress and Anxiety: Many herbs, including camomile and lavender, have calming properties that can help reduce stress and anxiety. Drinking herbal tea before bedtime can help you relax and get a restful night’s sleep.
4. Improve Digestion: Herbal infusions and teas can also help improve digestion and alleviate digestive problems such as bloating, gas, and constipation. Peppermint, for example, is known for its ability to soothe the digestive tract and relieve stomach discomfort.
5. Promote Healthy Skin: Many herbs, including rosehip and nettle, are rich in antioxidants, which can help protect your skin against damage from free radicals. Drinking herbal tea can also help hydrate your skin and keep it looking healthy and glowing.
Incorporating herbal infusions and teas into your daily routine is an easy and effective way to boost your overall health and well-being. Whether to boost your immunity, reduce inflammation, or improve your digestion, herbal tea or infusion can help. So why not try one today and start experiencing the many benefits yourself?
Some information on St. John’s Wort
Some of our herbal blends use St John’s Wort, albeit only in tiny doses, well below 1 %.
Here is what you should know
St. John’s Wort is a well-known herbal supplement used for centuries to treat various mental health conditions. It is derived from the flowers of the Hypericum perforatum plant and is available in the form of capsules, tablets or liquid extracts.
St. John’s Wort is commonly used to alleviate symptoms of depression, anxiety, and seasonal affective disorder. It is believed to work by increasing the levels of certain chemicals in the brain, such as serotonin and dopamine, responsible for regulating mood.
Studies have shown that St. John’s Wort is as effective as prescription antidepressants for mild to moderate depression but with fewer side effects. It has also been found to help reduce anxiety symptoms and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
In addition to its mental health benefits, St. John’s Wort has been found to have other positive effects on the body. It has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help alleviate pain and swelling associated with conditions such as arthritis. It has also been shown to have antiviral properties, which may help prevent and treat viral infections such as the flu.
St. John’s Wort is generally considered safe when directed, although it can interact with certain medications, including birth control pills, antidepressants, and blood thinners. It can also cause side effects such as dry mouth, dizziness, and gastrointestinal symptoms.
Overall, St. John’s Wort is a natural supplement that can be a safe and effective way to improve mental health and alleviate other health conditions. However, speaking with a healthcare provider before taking any new supplements or changing your current treatment plan is important.
If you have concerns about drinking herbal teas with St. John’s wort, it is always best to consult your GP. Your GP can advise whether drinking herbal teas with St. John’s wort is safe based on your health condition and medication regimen. It is important to note that even a tiny amount of St. John’s wort blended in a tea can still interact with medications and health conditions. It is always better to err on the side of caution and seek medical advice if you are unsure about any potential interactions or contraindications. Your health and well-being should always be the top priority.